What is Ergonomics?
Ergonomics is the study of adapting working environments and/or conditions to suit a person. The positions we put our bodies in for hours each day directly impact the health of our joints. Proactive ergonomics is putting a plan in place to help reduce injuries in the workplace before they happen. Reactive ergonomics is treating an injury once it occurs and then setting up your home office to fit your needs. During your treatment at OPTC, our therapists will discuss and problem solve the best ways for you to protect your joints with proper mechanics, alignment, strength, and ergonomics for your daily activities.
What will we provide?
- Free injury screens at your facility
- Stretching sessions
- Observe your workers while on the job in proactive ergonomics
- Post-offer testing
- Work with employees who are having discomfort with reactive ergonomics
- Job analysis
- On-site treatment
- 11 conveniently located PT offices
We cover a wide range of companies:
- Office Ergonomics
- Industrial Ergonomics
- Transportation Ergonomics
- Public Transit Ergonomics
- Healthcare Ergonomics