Our Specialized Women's Health Program Includes:
- All patients receive a private and thorough one hour evaluation including an internal examination by a licensed physical therapist with specialized training in treating the muscles of the pelvic floor.
- Pelvic floor muscle strengthening has been shown to reduce the effects of incontinence, organ prolapse, and many other conditions specific to women.
- Patients are provided with and educated on tools for bladder retraining, behavior/lifestyle changes, therapeutic exercise and modalities to improve quality of life.
- The physical therapist is trained in manual treatment techniques, use of biofeedback for muscle retraining, and therapeutic exercise to address many of the symptoms associated with pelvic pain and incontinence.
- Physical therapy is recommended as a first-line treatment for stress and urge incontinence.
Physical Therapy can be provided to women who are experiencing the following:
- Urge Incontinence
- Urinary Frequency
- Pelvic Pain
- Dyspareunia (pain with penetration)
- Episiotomy Scars
- Post-abdominal Surgery
- Pudendal Nerve Entrapment
- Childbearing Conditions
- Back Pain
The Women's Health Program is currently offered at our Florence Center. Please call 859.538.1165 for more information or to schedule your Women's Health appointment.