What is Aquatic Physical Therapy?
Aquatic Physical Therapy is a way to unload or relieve physical stress to the body by using the weightlessness and natural resistance of water. This provides the body with additional support to make movements easier and less painful. Your body only feels a fraction of your weight, which in turn increases your tolerance for activity. By using the water to facilitate strength, balance, and range of motion, you will progress faster towards your goals.
A quick video about Aquatic Physical Therapy
Our experienced clinicians are in the pool working with you. Our hands-on approach to therapy and active participation in the pool allows us to focus on your specific rehabilitative needs.
The Benefits of Aquatic Physical Therapy
- Earlier Functional Mobility. Water buoyancy reduces pressure on joints, allowing safer weight-bearing activities such as walking and jogging
- Increased Strength. Water provides resistance for strength training
- Reduced Swelling
- Individualized Treatment Program
- Warm Water – Muscle Relaxation
We have 3 pool locations to serve you
* Aquatic Physical Therapy is billable through insurance.
* For all Aquatic Physical Therapy you can have your initial evaluation done at any of our locations and then transition to the pool most convenient for you.